The usage of a car immobiliser is one of the most efficient ways to protect your vehicle. An immobiliser for cars is a security tool used to stop burglars from starting your automobile without the right key or fob. This blog will discuss what a car immobiliser is, how it functions, and why you should install one.
An electronic device that is put in a vehicle’s engine management system is referred to as a car immobiliser, sometimes known as an engine immobiliser. Without the proper key or fob, it stops the engine from starting. In essence, it prevents a burglar from starting the automobile without the proper key, even if they are able to enter the vehicle.
How Does a Car Immobiliser Work?
The electrical circuit that drives the starter motor for the engine is disrupted by a car immobiliser. An immobiliser sends a signal to the car’s Engine Control Unit (ECU) to enable the engine to start when the key or fob is turned on. The immobiliser stops the circuit if the key or fob is not identified, preventing the engine from starting. As a result, even if a burglar gains entry to the vehicle, they won’t be able to start it without the proper key.
Types of Car Immobilisers
There are several types of car immobilisers available, including:
- Transponder Key Immobilisers: These immobilisers work using a tiny electronic chip that is incorporated into the key or key fob. If the key is the right one, the immobiliser reads the chip when it is inserted into the ignition and permits the engine to start.
- Remote-Controlled Immobilisers: Immobilisers that can be disabled and the engine started via remote control are known as remote-controlled immobilisers.
- Car Ghost Immobilisers: A relatively new class of immobilisers that are becoming more and more well-liked. This kind of immobiliser is integrated into the electronic system of the car and is controlled by a smartphone app. It adds an additional layer of security because even with a duplicate key, a criminal cannot defeat the immobiliser.
Benefits of Having a Car Immobiliser Installed
- Prevents Theft – One of the best ways to stop theft is with an automobile immobiliser. It practically prohibits a burglar from starting your car without the proper key or fob.
- Reduces Insurance Premiums – Due to the lower danger of theft, many insurance providers give drivers who have car immobilisers fitted discounts.
- Peace of Mind – If you own an expensive or high-performance car, knowing that your vehicle is secured with an immobiliser gives you peace of mind.
Car Immobiliser Fitting Near Me
If you’re interested in having a car immobiliser installed in your vehicle, you might be wondering where to start. A quick online search for “car immobiliser fitting near me” should provide you with a list of local garages and auto-electricians that offer this service.
When choosing a professional to install your immobiliser, it’s essential to do your research and choose a reputable company. Look for reviews and testimonials from other customers, and make sure the company is accredited and has experience fitting car immobilisers.
Car Immobiliser and Tracker
You might want to think about installing a car immobiliser and tracker for even more security. A car tracker is a gadget that tracks the location of your car using GPS technology. The tracker can assist the authorities in rapidly finding and recovering your automobile if it has been stolen.
Using a car tracker in conjunction with an immobiliser can increase the security of your vehicle. The immobiliser will prevent a burglar from starting your car if they manage to steal it, and the tracker will let you know where it is and improve the likelihood that you’ll be able to reclaim it.
Finally, an important security tool that can deter theft and give piece of mind is an automobile immobiliser. Immobilisers come in a variety of varieties, each with special qualities and advantages. Do your homework and pick a trustworthy business to install a car immobiliser if you’re interested in having one installed in your vehicle. For even more security, think about combining a tracker and an immobiliser. You can contribute to keeping your car safe and secure by putting the appropriate security measures in place.
Why Choose AK Performance Tuning?
At AK Performance Tuning, we’re car immobiliser fitting specialists and our team of experts can help you make the necessary changes to achieve these goals.
We’re the only approved Ghost Immobiliser installer in Oxfordshire!
We provide a mobile immobiliser fitting service for all makes & models throughout; Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire, Surrey, and Gloucestershire.
Contact us today to find out how we can help you protect your vehicle. We hope this article has helped you. Thanks for reading!
Follow us on Facebook!